Business Transaction Advisory Services
Every business sale is different. Recognizing this, the expert advisers at Concord Ventures strategize from the outset—striving to fully understand what our clients want and sharing information on prospective investors based on extensive research and knowledge of the market.
Research and knowledge of the market are essential components of every successful business sale. We know what’s happening in the diverse range of businesses—for example, ongoing changes and growth patterns in the regional aerospace industry—and use this knowledge to design the most creative solutions possible for our clients.
Our ability to consolidate separate enterprises into one highly appealing package, as well as being able to work with different sellers simultaneously, sets us apart from other M&A firms both locally and across the nation.
We handle the full spectrum of transactions, including:
- Sale of a business to a private equity firm
- Sale to a financial investor, either local or national
- Sale of a business to an investor in the same or similar industry
- Sale of a business to management
- Sale of a family business to other family member(s)
- Arranging financing for the sale of a business not listed through us (representing either an investor or seller)
We also provide expert guidance on corporate debt financing and business valuation.
Through our comprehensive business transaction advisory services, Concord Ventures:
- Helps formulate an exit strategy, often maintaining contact with the business owner (sometimes for several years) before engagement. Upon engagement, we research and create a comprehensive marketing prospectus, effectively “front-loading” the due diligence process. Complete confidentiality is maintained so that customers, employees, and vendors only know of the sale after it has closed.
- Looks for the right investor in our extensive database of investors and network of contacts (online and off). We also may advertise the business “blind” in business websites.
- Carefully qualifies potential investors, whether individual or corporate, not only for financial capacity, but for knowledge of the industry and the ability to successfully manage the business.
- Structures the deal to best suit the seller, with a careful consideration of tax consequences. We work with our attorney on this.
- Acts as liaison between investor and seller, the lender and the attorneys, CPAs, appraiser, and other consultants involved in the transaction.
- Works closely with banks and other financial institutions to find and arrange financing. Our sales to financial investors are financed through regional and national banks. This service is critically important since, in most cases, a business cannot be sold to a financial investor without outside financing.
- Sets up and manages an online data room containing all necessary documents and provide appropriate access to the investor, the investor’s consultants, and bankers working on the transaction.
We have a 80% success rate on selling the businesses we accept as clients, except for a few businesses that under-performed during the Great Recession.